Picture of What training is provided for newly-hired graduates?

What training is provided for newly-hired graduates?

Picture of Kieran
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Kieran J.

Category: Application process

Date asked: Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, December 5, 2022

Picture of Kieran J.

Kieran J.

Change Analyst

Hi, Thanks for your question! This may differ if you've been recruited into a general graduate role. But on the graduate programme, I undertook a 2-week induction. During the first week its quite relaxed, your IT equipment is sent to you, you're given time to set up your account and ensure HR Hub has up to date payment information. Prior to your start date a member of HR usually sends a 2-week agenda/timetable which includes all your induction meetings. To begin with I had a meeting with IT regarding the Phoenix systems, the purpose around this was to get used to company-specific platforms. I then had meetings with the various networks of the business, which each graduate is encouraged to join. These include 'Mind Matters, Carers, Mosaic, Affinity, Armed Forces and Enable'. These are all internal networks which you can optionally join depending on your interests. I was then given some social media training, which is very useful as it helps you to enhance your presence on LinkedIn and create valuable content. I also met the sponsor of the graduate programme and was warmly welcomed. In the second week, I was invited to the Edinburgh office, all paid for. I received the opportunity to experience the 'Innovation Lab' which contains some modern and elegant media walls. I attended 'Meet the Experts' sessions where I asked several questions regarding my career journey at Phoenix. I also attended an evening social with the other graduates. Overall, the experience was very relaxed, it was less rigid and more of a phased transition into the 'World of Work'. HR made a great effort in providing us with structure, clarity and reassurance. You also receive further training when you actually begin working in your first rotation, this is tailored to the division you are working in. I'm located in the CS Reassure division. So, the training I received will be different to other graduates. Hope that helps :)

Monday, December 5, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?