Picture of How do you work in a team in your job?

How do you work in a team in your job?

Picture of Alexis
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Alexis A.

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Picture of Alexis A.

Alexis A.

Lead Business Analyst

This varies day by day. Some days when we have a mix of people working from home and on site we have to have regular calls to keep us working as a team. I do however ask my team to be on site at least once a month so we can sit together and get that team spirit. As we are all Business Analyst's working on different parts of the project it's easier to work alone but we also need each other to bounce things off. So as a manager I have an open door policy where the individuals can ask to speak to me 1-1 when they need help or guidance but I also encourage them to speak to each other which they do regularly. I also try in some instances to have 2 people work together so they can cover should one need to take time off for annual leave etc. I also try and get a couple of social events organised to bring us together to allow is to get to know each other. So we have lunch together (if they want to) in the office, we have had a bowling and drinks night and if we are at another site and we are staying over we always have dinner together. This only works if everyone is a team player and thankfully all my team are and we look out for one another.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?