Picture of How did this company support your career growth?

How did this company support your career growth?

Picture of Jeremy
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Lacy Y. asked a question to Jeremy K.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Friday, June 21, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Picture of Jeremy K.

Jeremy K.

Project Manager

The short answer to this question is by providing opportunities. When I joined the company I came from an extensive Programme Office Management background but had an aspiration to become more involved in delivery and move into Project Management. My line managers were aware and supportive of the aspiration and through stretch objectives I was able to take on Project Management of workstreams of projects as the opportunities arose. This allowed me to apply for an internal PM apprenticeship programme and I was successful in securing a place where supported by an experienced PM I took on management of smaller projects. Successful delivery of these projects supported an application for a Project Management role and over the years I have been able to move around different business areas delivering more challenging and complex projects. The evolution of Phoenix over the past 10 years has allowed me to have exposure to a wide variety of projects and afforded me the opportunity to learn new skills for different types of delivery. If you put yourself out there and are willing to stretch yourself then there will always be opportunities for growth in a company as extensive and diverse as Phoenix.

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?