Picture of Why did you choose this company?

Why did you choose this company?

Picture of Renata
Picture of Alexis
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Renata D.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, July 31, 2023

Picture of Renata D.

Renata D.

Customer Sustainability Associate

I have applied to a number of different organisations offering graduate programmes after I have finished university. What made me choose Phoenix was largely due to the programme specifics of the Rotational Business Graduate programme running in the company. The rotations opportunities were really wide ranging with loads of areas available to go into (such as HR, Digital, Sustainability, Communications) providing ample opportunity for growth and career development.

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Picture of Alexis A.

Alexis A.

Lead Business Analyst

I didn't actually choose Phoenix I was an original Standard Life member of staff. I have worked for the company for 28 years. I was initially nervous when Phoenix bought us over but I shouldn't have been as they are a great company to work for. Always looking out for their staff, great benefits and the flexibility in working patterns. There are also lots of opportunities to grow if you want career progression. I would recommend this company to any of my friends who were looking for a job in the finance sector.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Picture of Jonathan M.

Jonathan M.

Senior Manager, Customer Insights

I chose Phoenix as I knew good people working here and I wanted to work with them and other good people like them. I was right !

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Picture of Jane A.

Jane A.

Employer Brand Manager

I was referred by a friend to work at Phoenix and I'm very glad that I was! I'd say the reasons I enjoy working here are the variety, challenge, pace and flexibility. I'd say that everyone at Phoenix has the autonomy to decide how and when to do their work provided that customer and business needs are met. I find it much more focused on achievements and results than where or when you do the work. Phoenix is an interesting place as whilst it's huge (6,800 colleagues and billions of assets under administration - the UK's largest long term retirement savings business!), our business is still forming after activity such as acquiring the Standard Life and ReAssure businesses. That means in many ways we're still figuring things out and there's lots of opportunity to actually make a difference and shape how we do things. It can be really fast paced at times, and other times it can be a little slower. I find that it's the right balance as with any regulated organisation, it's important to consider risks and due diligence and ensure that what we're doing is always the right thing for our customers (and in my case, our candidates).

Monday, July 31, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?