Picture of Why did you choose to work in this industry?

Why did you choose to work in this industry?

Picture of Josh
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Josh R.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, November 28, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, December 8, 2022

Picture of Josh R.

Josh R.

Senior Accountant

Having studied Business and Economics at College and University I was really interested in what was driving the overall growth of the country/economy. Through my studies I learned what a significant impact the financial services industry had for the UK and was keen to support that growth in my working career. When i started in the world of work in audit, i had the opportunity to work with a number of FS businesses and really enjoyed the challenge that comes with complex systems, gaining an appreciation for financial controls and also getting to know the many intelligent people i was meeting. With regards to the insurance industry specifically, again i was drawn to the importance of personal savings and protection in our society. Many people look to stop working in their later years and having confidence about their financial position has an enormous influence on their wellbeing. Being fulfilled from a societal perspective, alongside the personal development of a challenging and rewarding environment are the key drivers for me.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?