Picture of How is the work life balance? Are hours worked excessive or go up and down depending on reporting requirements?

How is the work life balance? Are hours worked excessive or go up and down depending on reporting requirements?

Picture of Josh
1 response

Kellie G. asked a question to Actuarial and Finance

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Thursday, May 11, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, May 18, 2023

Picture of Josh R.

Josh R.

Senior Accountant

The finance department has a quarterly reporting period with the bulk of activity during half year and year end. During these periods you may be expected to work slightly longer hours than normal and of course there are very odd occasions, as in most finance departments where something critical needs to be completed to a deadline. What Phoenix is normally good at in my opinion is to allow flexibility around work/life. In my experience, if I work longer hours during reporting periods or indeed a high intensity week because of a project delivery, I can usually take some time back when things are a little quieter and overall my time balances out. We also have the capacity for working remotely when needed so it is always possible to work around your responsibilities outside.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?