Picture of How's your journey so far Josh? Given that the business has multiple locations. How financial reporting functions works?

How's your journey so far Josh? Given that the business has multiple locations. How financial reporting functions works?

Picture of Josh
Picture of Sabit
2 responses

Additional information

Hi Josh, hope you are well. I'm Sabit and I work in External reporting of a retail business. Would love to know about the statutory financial reporting at Phoenix and how large the team is and where it is based please? Thank you.

Sabit K. asked a question to Josh R.

Category: Team Info

Date asked: Sunday, June 11, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Picture of Josh R.

Josh R.

Senior Accountant

Good afternoon Sabit. Financial reporting is a specific team within the Phoenix finance function but there are multiple teams within the finance function that are engaged in financial reporting activity. I myself work in the finance operations area of the business where we focus on ledger integrity, outsourcer relationships, projects and prepare the basis for our financial statements at the life company level to the IFRS and solvency ii reporting bases, this is done on a bi-annual and quarterly basis respectively. Other teams such as investment accounting, tax, actuarial and corporate reporting also feed into the reporting process. Phoenix group is organised into a life finance function which deals with the reporting at the Life fund level with the financial reporting team consolidating to group level. This then feeds into group reporting. These teams are based across all of our sites with the largest concentrations in Birmingham, Telford, Edinburgh and London. I have always been based in the Birmingham office but have worked on both the Phoenix heritage and standard life funds in my day to day. There are lots of opportunities to learn new things and become involved in areas of interest.

Monday, June 12, 2023

Picture of Sabit K.

Sabit K.

Thank you very much for the detailed overview of the Finance its really insightful. The function itself is vast and there seems to have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop skills within. Thanks again.

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?