Picture of Tell me why you wanted to work here?

Tell me why you wanted to work here?

Picture of Stuart
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Stuart T.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Picture of Stuart T.

Stuart T.

Operational Governance and Risk Consultant

I initially joined Standard Life, prior to Phoenix's acquisition of Standard Life a number of years ago. At that time i worked for another financial institution in Edinburgh and Standard Life were renowned in the city for their products, looking after their customers and as a place that treated their staff well. There were many people who were loyal to Standard Life and worked there for the majority of their working lives. These things put Standard Life firmly at the forefront of my mind as a place i wanted to work, and i made it my goal to eventually obtain a role here. After i achieved that, i found that what i had heard was true, and i really enjoyed working at Standard Life. I met some great people, could identify with their values in terms of how they looked after their customers and staff were treated well. Subsequently Standard Life became part of the Phoenix Group a number of years ago. Having initially worked in a Standard Life role before it became part of Phoenix, i have since worked in two other roles in Phoenix. I would have to say that my experience of working for both Standard Life, then subsequently Phoenix has been excellent! The people who work here are great, there is a real customer focus, and staff are looked after and well rewarded, the flexible working options further enhancing this. I would not hesitate to recommend Phoenix as a place to work.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?