Picture of Would you be open to changing your working model for home working/office working?

Would you be open to changing your working model for home working/office working?

Picture of Chris
1 response

Additional information

About a year ago I got quite far in the application process for a senior accountant role but couldn't make it work because of the number of days I would have been required in the office. I've continued to follow you as a business however as I think you're really well run and I would be very interested in joining your team in the future if you were more flexible on your working practices.

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Callum L. asked a question to Actuarial and Finance

Category: Internal career mobility

Date asked: Thursday, November 23, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, November 30, 2023

Picture of Chris C.

Chris C.

Finance & Actuarial Business Partner (BPA)

Hi, and thanks for your question. The Phoenix Flex policy (our approach to flexible working) is designed to provide lots of flexibility on how, where and when people work while balancing the needs of Phoenix, your team, and yourself. For many people this supports a mix of working remotely, at home, and in the office environment. The balance for each individual is dependent on the activities they and their team are involved in, personal preferences, and the nature of the role, and is agreed with your manager. As you can imagine, this will vary greatly across the business and between individuals depending on the relevant circumstances. My own experience, and my knowledge of the experience of many colleagues across the business is that Phoenix does support a highly flexible approach to working (far more flexible than I ever experienced previously in my 30 years in the industry). For example, in my current role I work a 4 day week, with 3 at home and 1 in the office (but not always), and have a great deal of flexibility around that. In my previous role however, where I had a team spread across 4 locations and lots of face-to-face contact was much more important, I worked 4 days in the office and 1 at home (to soften the impact of a daily Glasgow to Edinburgh commute), with regular travel to Birmingham and London being an essential requirement of that role. It's important to highlight that your contractual place of work will still usually be one of the Phoenix offices, and there is a requirement to attend the office in person when asked to by your manager, and as required by business needs. I hope that's helpful

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Did you find this discussion helpful?