Picture of Are there any Insiders that have moved from the Civil Service? If so, what's a key difference and why is it positive?

Are there any Insiders that have moved from the Civil Service? If so, what's a key difference and why is it positive?

Picture of Simon
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Simon I.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Thursday, March 16, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Picture of Simon I.

Simon I.

Facilities Project Manager

Hi, apologies for the delay in responding to your discussion point raised. While I am not previously a civil servant directly, I have in my varied career been responsible for, worked with and for civil servants from a number of Whitehall departments and local authorities. There are many differences but similarities too but the key one for me that I have found to be a common thread throughout my 8 years at Phoenix, is that you are almost entirely in control of your career, and at the very least a level far more than you ever are/were as civil servant or public sector employee. The positives of this are many but to give you a guide, the top themes or topics are owning and building your career profile, being able to make the most of career opportunities as they arise, career flexibility and training. Happy to follow up on the above as a general item or individual points made or even to expand the discussion on this theme.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?