Picture of I think there may be a scam using this company as the cover. I was just sent a offer letter

I think there may be a scam using this company as the cover. I was just sent a offer letter

Picture of Jane
1 response

Additional information

They are now asking me to send a copy of my state issued id front and back. I almost didn't check with you because i was thinking the interviewer Bill Powers. [email protected]

Shannon P. asked a question to Rachel R.

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, May 19, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, May 22, 2023

Picture of Jane A.

Jane A.

Employer Brand Manager

Hi - thank you for raising this with us. Unfortunately recruitment fraud is becoming more commonplace. This means that candidates are contacted by individuals posing as recruiters from many organisations which are not legitimate. We're seeing this on the rise across the UK and at Phoenix have developed some advice for candidates. This includes: " The only way to directly apply for a job with Phoenix Group is via our careers site www.thephoenixgroup.com/careers " We will never approach you for a vacancy via text or Whatsapp " The data collected on our secure application form is held in line with our privacy policy and terms and conditions. " We advertise our jobs on websites such as Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn. These adverts will redirect you to the secure application form on our careers site as above. Typically fraudsters only use smaller or free job posting sites to post jobs which can be an easy way to spot a fake advert. " You may be approached by a member of the Phoenix Group in-house Talent Acquisition team, usually via LinkedIn. Our in-house Talent Acquisition team have Phoenix branding on their profiles and any emails will be addressed from our Phoenix Group (@thephoenixgroup.com), Standard Life (@standardlife.com) or Reassure (@Reassure.co.uk) email addresses, all of which operate under the Phoenix Group employer brand. Our Talent Acquisition team will direct you to the secure application form should you wish to apply. " Once you have completed your application, you will receive system-generated emails from our recruitment system, powered by Oracle. These emails will include links to the secure candidate portal and application form. " A common way for fraudsters to communicate with you is via text message, often from a phone number based outside of the UK and Ireland. Phoenix Group and recruitment agencies acting on our behalves will never contact you in this way. " We’ll never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process Recruitment agencies acting on our behalf " You may also be contacted by a recruitment agency acting on our behalf. You can verify that this is a legitimate recruiter who has agreed terms with Phoenix group by contacting us directly at [email protected] Unfortunately we do not have a recruiter in the team with the name or contact details specified. We encourage you to report this and share any further details with us by contacting me directly - [email protected]

Monday, May 22, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?