Picture of What's the biggest challenge that you face in your role and how do you overcome it?

What's the biggest challenge that you face in your role and how do you overcome it?

Picture of Josh
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Josh R.

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Picture of Josh R.

Josh R.

Senior Accountant

The biggest challenge for me is to manage the volume of activity that can present itself during busy periods. This could involve team management admin, attending governance meetings, problem solving particularly challenging technical queries all whilst trying to deliver to the financial timetables that are set. For me the best way to keep on top of this is to avoid surprises as best I can and plan my day ahead with a buffer for inevitable stumbling blocks. Managing the timetables available to us and using my calendar to manage my time around activity that requires my undivided attention. There may even be times where this isn't enough and the best way to get through a challenging time like that is to speak up and be proactive by flagging your potential limitations with the wider team. Phoenix staff are generally very supportive and will pitch in where we have bottlenecks for one part of the team and down time for others. This really helps when things become high pressure and time is short.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?