Picture of How is success evaluated in this role?

How is success evaluated in this role?

Picture of Stuart
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Stuart T.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Picture of Stuart T.

Stuart T.

Operational Governance and Risk Consultant

At the start of each year, 'goals' are allocated to each colleague whereby throughout the year your performance against these goals or objectives determines your success in the role. In this role, I have regular 1 to 1's with with my line manager where performance and progress against these goals is discussed. Furthermore, there are 'mid-year' and 'end of year' reviews that take place with my line manager, where we discuss my performance and what I have achieved up to the mid-year and end of year periods in order to determine my success in achieving the goals set at the start of the year. At mid-year, my manager and I give ratings on how I have performed up to that point, and do the same again at end of year review period. The final ratings given by my manager determine my overall performance for the year, this impacts possible salary increase and annual incentive plan (AIP) figures, including bonus. In order to have an impactful and productive discussion at mid-year and end of year, it is my responsibility to evidence what I have achieved throughout the year to meet or exceed these goals, for example work I have done or examples of where I have gone above and beyond.

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?