Picture of Can you tell me what your first year was like?

Can you tell me what your first year was like?

Picture of Rachel
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Rachel R.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, November 28, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Picture of Rachel R.

Rachel R.

Head of Talent Acquisition

I joined Phoenix back in June 2021 when we were still in lockdown and the country was working from home. I had all my interviews remotely but met my immediate colleagues at my local site within the first two months which was really nice. After this initial visit I started going to the office regularly as I wanted to really learn and understand the business more and to develop my network both face to face and remotely. Within the Talent Acquisition team I was made to feel very welcome and was amongst colleagues who had been with the business for some time as well as some other newbies so felt I always had someone around me to ask or learn from and having joined the company induction could see that there were lots of other new starters also across the business so we could learn together. Personally, I was lucky in that due to a restructure within the team I had the opportunity for a promotion soon after starting and then a few months after that I was able to hire my own team which was a mixture of internal movers and some new external talent. There is always a lot to learn and every day is different, but there are also a lot of people around who can help as well as a good induction programme, intranet and user guides and a buddy system so you can find the information you need. After being here for just under 18 months I still feel there is still a lot to learn about the business but also really enjoy the opportunity to learn and develop which is really supported.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?