Picture of I'm transferring my career to data analysis. What knowledge can help me to be a more valuable candidate for your company

I'm transferring my career to data analysis. What knowledge can help me to be a more valuable candidate for your company

Picture of Alexis
4 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Genadijs S. asked during the live chat Life at Phoenix to Phoenix Group

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Picture of Alexis A.

Alexis A.

Lead Business Analyst

Hi Genadijs, I am not sure of the skills required for this role. All new roles always advertise the key skills they are looking for in the candidate. Might be worth checking out the careers website to see if there are any examples of the type of role you are looking for. Let me get the site for you now. www,thephoenixgroup.com/careers

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Genadijs S.

Maybe any knowledge except analytical ones, like some basic courses in finance?

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Picture of Simon I.

Simon I.

Facilities Project Manager

Hi Genadijs,to try and help you, we use Data Analysts across the company and are not just about finance/financial related data. I assume that you have a number of transferable skills etc to come in to the Data analyst world and maybe have or looking at training or qualifications etc.As mentioned by Alexis, if you look at any vacancies we haev that are orientated towards some form of data analysis, these will highlight both generic as well as specific skills etc.I mention non-finance related data because we use our team to help us with workplace/building utilisation data and supporting us with corresponding reports and MI from multiple data sets from multiple systems.

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Genadijs S.

I see. Thank you

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?