Picture of Thanks for hosting the session. I was wondering what skills you mainly look for in entry level finance roles in Phoenix

Thanks for hosting the session. I was wondering what skills you mainly look for in entry level finance roles in Phoenix

4 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Dominic W. asked during the live chat Meet Phoenix Finance to Phoenix Group

Category: General

Date asked: Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, June 21, 2024

Matt B.

Hi Dominic! Thanks for your question and great to hear your interested in a career in financial services. The requirements for our entry level roles will vary slightly across different teams. Generally, we're looking for great communication, an understanding of Microsoft Excel, an ability to work independently and usually some element of finance experience (although we understand that entry level roles will require some development and learning). One recent opening we had was more focused on the data side so the requirements were around using data so it can vary depending on the aim of the team.

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Kirsty M.

Hi Dominic - thanks for your interest in our organisation! Our roles would set out any particular academic or professional qualification requirements - these will be role specific. As Matt says most roles would look at having a level of knowledge in Excel. Once in the organisation if pursuing further qualifications is of interest to individuals we can look to support this via both mentoring and supporting qualifications such as ACCA etc,

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Dominic W.

That’s great thanks Matt and Kirsty. I am currently studying AAT level 4 and have nearly completed the course so I will definitely keep an eye on future job adverts

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Matt B.

Thats great! Hope all goes well with the remainder of the course and we'll hopefully have an opening you like the look of soon

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?